Valentine’s Day Nail Art Tutorial
I took part in my first collaboration recently #nailchroniclevalentinecollab2018 (check out the hashtag on Instagram for more amazing designs) and had so much fun being a part of it as well as seeing everyone’s designs. So here follows a step by step tutorial on how I achieved this look. Great for those who want to add a little something extra to a heart design. Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day to all xxx 😉
1) Start with a base coat.
2) Paint each nail with a pink shade. A lighter shade works best for this.
3) On the ring finger – use a red nail art pen to draw a heart shape and fill this in.
4) Using your black nail art pen, draw a thick outline over the red heart.
5) Using your black nail art pen, draw smaller lines around the heart. Note – if using a nail art pen, ensure the brush is thin for consistency. A dotting tool would also work for this.
6) On the rest of the nails – use your black nail art pen or dotting tool to draw a heart shape. Unlike the previous step, do not fill this in.
7) Paint short lines around each heart and repeat for each nail. You can be adventurous with the size of each heart, I did a bigger heart on some nails and two small hearts on the other nails.
8) Finish off the look with a top coat.
BarryM All in One Base & Topcoat
BarryM Gelly Hi Shine Dragon Fruit (shade 11)
Rio Red 2-Way Nail Art brush and Pen
Rio Black 2-Way Nail Art brush and Pen