Orange Ombre Zebra Nail Tutorial
1) Start by applying a layer of base coat to each nail.
2) Then, choose your 3 shades, this can be in any colour. Going for 3 different shades of the same colour (dark, medium and light) is great as it gives a cool ombre effect. I went for a neon orange, a lighter shade of orange and a mellow yellow for a bolder effect.
3) Start with your darkest shade. Paint from the bottom of the nail covering 1/3 and leaving a gap.
4) Next, move onto the medium shade and paint the middle of the nail, leaving a gap 1/3 up the top of the nail. Tip: if you have long nails, an easy technique is to simply paint below the free edge of the nail.
5) Using the lightest shade, paint the upper part of the nail (also known as the free edge). Don’t worry if the lines overlap and the gradient effect does not show at this point, that’s where the magic stripes come in!
6) Here’s for the fun bit! Using your black nail art pen, brush lines of stripes throughout the nail. This can be as little or as intense as you want. A good idea is to hide the overlapping lines of the 3 shades with this.
7) Finish off the look with a top coat to secure the zebra stripes and add a little shine.
Barry M All in One Base & Topcoat. A base coat, top coat and nail hardener all in one. For just £2.99 heck yesssss.
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Colour 18 (Papaya). This is one of my favourite polishes, not only is it a vibrant colour, it has a natural shine that provides a fresh look.
High maintenance from Stranded Colour 41/ High maintenance from Stranded Colour 37. Although I really love the many great shades of the high maintenance polishes, the strength of the polish was not as good as Barry M and usually does not last as long. However it was perfect for this look as only a little of the polish had to be used.
Rio Black 2-Way Nail Art brush and Pen. This is a lifesaver for me, I have been using this pen for a couple years now and it has not failed me. The thinness of the brush is great for this look as it makes the stripes look delicate. The fact that this is also a nail pen that can be used for smaller designs is also a bonus.
Lots of love,