3 Summer Nail Art looks for short nails
Short nails are like the middle child – they never get much attention. I admit, it’s a lot easier to create new designs on longer nails are there is more space to work with but short nails need some love too! I usually give my nails a big chop from time to time (which is fundamental for maintaining healthy nail growth) and thought it would be a great opportunity to create some simple designs perfect for the summer.
Pink polka dot
This is a simple look that can give your nails a pop of colour. This design will work with any colours but the baby pink and white really give off a great summery look.
- Start by painting the base of your nails baby pink
- Using your dotting tool, insert dots across the nail. This can be any size, but smaller dots give a better finish.
- Finish off with a top coat – this is key as the white dots tend to fade quickly.
Multicolour shaped and patterns
What I like about this kind of design is that any colours will really work, I decided these ones based on a pair of trousers I have and just took it from there. I used these 3 colours throughout the design but played around with the patterns.
- Using your three colours (in any order), paint the base of each nail.
- Now for the fun part! Play around with the patterns for each nail e.g. triangular, oval shapes, leave some plain, use a dotting tool to add a few small dots on one nail. Go as simple or crazy as you like.
- Seal the look with a top coat.
This look is great for those who arent a big fan of bright pastel summer colours, but still want to achieve a ‘summer’ vibe with darker shades.
- Start by using a plain dark colour – I went for a very dark blue, but a black would also work.
- For the next part I used the following colours: light blue, grey, purple and white. Using a very thin coating of nail polish I painted small strokes on each nail. Think of this step almost like splattering a paintbrush on a piece of paper.
- Finish off with a top coat.
Remember nail art isn’t just limited to longer nails, regardless of how small or big the canvas is, art is always possible! Hope you all have a wonderful summer (and if you are stuck at work like me, lets try and make the most of the weekends).
Lots of love,